Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the library hours?
The University hours are posted in the Hours and Direction Page.
2. How do I get to the library?
Please see our Hours and Direction, which has directions to VIU Library, as well as hours.
3. My professor put some materials for class on Moodle. I
don't have the password to find them. Do you know what it is and where
If you are new to Moodle you can create your account by clicking the "Create
new Account" button in VIU Moodle homepage. You have to use the VIU email account in order to register. If you have forgotten your password, then you can reset it by clicking the "Help me log in" button.
4. My professor put a book on reserve for my class - where can I get
Ask at the library Circulation Desk.
Reserve materials are available for a four hour loan and cannot leave the library.
5. Where do I get a VIU computing account?
The details about the account will be emailed to your personal account 2-3 days after registration. If you have problem logging in to the computers contact the IT Department.
6. How do I get a print/copy card?
VIU students use their student ID cards. Please visit the Accounts & Finance Office to add money to your card.