Freqently Asked Questions
1. What are the library hours?
The University hours is posted in the Hours and Direction Page.
2. How do I get to the library?
Please see our Hours and Direction, which has directions to VIU Library, as well as hours.
3. My professor put some materials for class on moodle. I
don't have the password to find them. Do you know what it is and where
If you are new to moodle you can create your account by clicking the "Create
new Account" button in VIU moodle homepage. You have to use the VIU email account in order to register. If you have forgotten your password, then you can reset it by clicking the "Help me log in" button.
4. My professor put a book on reserve for my class - where can I get
At the Circulation Desk in the library; you can check it
out with your VIU ID Card.
5. Where do I get a VIU computing account?
The details about the account will be emailed to your personal account 2-3 days after registration. If you have problem logging in to the computers contact the IT Department.
6. How do I get a print/copy card?
VIU students use the PaperCut cards to print and Copy Card to make
copies at the Libraries. These cards can be purchased in the VIU Bookstore
Located in the Pender Building.